44th International Conference of the International Commission on the Anthropology of Food and Nutrition (ICAF). Food, Gastronomy and Tourism: Social and Cultural Perspectives.
Tossa de Mar (Costa Brava, Catalonia, Spain)
May 25th-27th, 2017
Espai Francesc Colomer
Av. Pelegrí, 25,
Tossa de Mar
This call for papers requests theoretical, conceptual and applied papers. Issues that may be explored in paper submissions may include (possible but not exhaustive):
- Cultural concepts on tourism and their relationship with the concepts of gastronomy, terroir, locality, etc.
- Sensory perceptions and tasting experiences linked to tourism, – Changing relationships between territories, food and visitors
- Profiles of the gastronomic and wine tourists
- Social and economic development of local territories through tourism and gastronomy, – Tourism, gastronomy, sustainability and local development
- Critical perspectives on emerging tourisms and gastronomies: routes, itineraries and artifacts
- Becoming a gastronomic tourism attraction: processes, negotiations and the construction of a sense of place
- Restaurants as touristic agents
- The tourism business, gastronomy and wine (emerging markets, consumers education and communication, innovation)
- Gastronomy as a touristic souvenir
- Food Museums and community involvement
- Wine and wine culture, and other local beverages as a touristic attraction, – Spatial and geographical perspectives on tourism and gastronomies
- Stakeholders roles and implications in the promotion of gastronomies and tourism, – Policies of food and tourism
- Collaborative economy, gastronomies and tourism
Information needed: full name, Institution and your role or position, town and country, the title of the proposed paper, and an abstract of between 150 and 200 words. Please email this information to: fxmedina[@]gmail.com
The deadline for receiving applications is: May 10th, 2017.